OBC Certification Rules in SSC Exam 2018 – Dear aspirants, So may questions are being asked regarding SSC OBC Certificate on techmario, hence wee thought of clarifying them. Therefore, in this article we are going to discuss Rules for OBC certification in SSC Exams. You can also download the SSC OBC Certificate form official format which you need to carry while going for doc verification.
Below are the questions which are being addressed in this post,
- My OBC certificate was issue before prescribed date, what should i do now?
- I have two OBC certificate one is before 2013 and other is after 2016. Is both are invalid? (For example, In case, SSC has announced that OBC certificate issued before 1/1/2013 and after 1/1/2016 will not be valid)
- What is valid format for SSC OBC Certification application.
- What is Creamy Layer and Non-Creamy layer in SSC Exam.
SSC OBC Certificate Rules
On the basis of the results of written part of the SSC Exam (CGL/CHSL/MTS/JE/Steno/Translator/CPO), you will be finally called for Document verification process. There is similar process for all the exams. Which needed few basic things to follow.
We have covered document verification process for all the SSC Exam and looking forward to make all the details available. It may also be noted that candidates not possessing Certificates in support of DOB, EQ etc. will not be allowed for the Document Verification.
IMPORTANT NOTICE on Submission of OBC Certificate by the candidates [New Rules]
It has been observed by the Commission that the candidates were facing difficulties in producing the OBC Certificates in the prescribed format within the cut off date specified in the Notices. Some of the candidates had also challenged the above provisions in various Courts.
Keeping in view the difficulties faced by the candidates and the Order of Hon’ble Supreme Court in SLP No. 3116/2017 in the matter of Union of India vs Abdul Rasheed, the Commission took up the matter regarding relaxation in the stipulated time limit (as indicated at para 1 above) with the Department of Personnel & Training. The Department of Personnel & Training in consultation with Department of Legal Affairs, endorsed the following decisions of the Commission as given below,
- With effect from 23.01.2017, [i.e the date of dismissal of SLP No. 3116/2017 filed by the Commission in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India (UOI vs Abdul Rasheed)] the Commission will not insist on candidates producing OBC Certificates issued within the cut off dates i.e. 3 years, before the last date of receipt of applications and up to 180 days after the closing date of applications mentioned in the Notices.
- In cases where document verification has already been completed and the final result was declared after 23.01.2017 or is yet to be declared, the candidates may furnish prima facie proof of being OBC, if already not produced, to enable the Commission to consider their claim under the OBC category.
- The candidature of OBC candidates will remain provisional; subject to verification of his/her claim by the User Department concerned as Appointing Authority, as per the extant Government guidelines on the subject.
- It is categorically stated that the Commission shall not reopen cases where the final result has already been declared before 23.01.2017.
Download here SSC Official statement pdf – direct link
Precautionary note: Supreme court allow OBC certificates irrespective of its date, however, to be wary you should make your certificate is stipulated norms to avoid any time of problem later on.
SSC OBC Certificate Form Download
Link is given below and you need to carry mentioned list of documents. Also candidates need to reach venue on prescribed date and time.
YOU MUST ATTEND DOCUMENT VERIFICATION ON THE SCHEDULED DATE, FAILING WHICH YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ANY POST.
Download SSC Certification format in pdf for Other Backward Caste. So you need to download the valid format only.
Rules of OBC and Creamy Layer Certificates in SSC Exams 2018
Follow below instruction to know OBC Certification rules,
- If you have applied for OBC status in initial application then you will be considered against OBC vacancies else not.
- OBC certificate is valid for as long as the community is notified as OBC. It means if there is reservation for OBC then you are eligible but Non creamy layer certificate is only valid by SSC for 3 years.
- It is necessary for everyone to get the OBC certification renewed after every three years for ssc exams as creamy layer status may change if a person remains in creamy layer for 3 years continuously.
- Like i said, OBC certiticate is valid for 3 years from date of issue. If closing date for receipt of application is beyond 3 years then OBC certificate should be renewed. (New Notice contradict with earlier rules)
- OBC certificate should be in prescribed format published by SSC.
- Certificate for OBC is on the basis of one’s parents income. Hence if any person is in any sort of employment, his income is not to be added to his parents’ income while calculating the maximum income required in case of acquiring the OBC certificate.
- To claim OBC reservation benefit, you need two certificates i.e. the caste certificate and the creamy layer certificate. It should be in the format provided by Staff Selection Commission.
- OBC Castes fall in two categories namely ‘State’s own list’ and ‘Central government’s list, both are different. To apply in SSC Exam, your caste MUST be in central list.
Who is Creamy Layer in OBC
The creamy layer status of a candidate is determined on the basis of the status of his parents and not on the basis of his own status or income or on the basis of status or income or on the basis or status or income of his/her spouse. Therefore, while determining the creamy layer status of a person the status or the income of the candidate himself or of his/her spouse shall not be taken into account.
Below is category wise determination of cream layer status,
Government Servant parents—- by post/class(not by salary)
Farmer parents—- by land holding
Businessmen parents—- by annual income
From Where you can issue OBC Certificate?
- Go to emitra help desk and submit your state caste certificate, resident proof along with father’s voter id card and father’s income certificate, they will issue you new center caste certificate.
- Other ways, below are the The authorities competent to issue Caste Certificate
- (i) District Magistrate / Additional Magistrate / Collector / Dy. Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendary Magistrate / Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate /Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate).
- (ii) Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate.
- (iii) Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- (iv) Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his family resides.
Hope it helps on SSC OBC Certificate for SSC CGL/SSC CHSL/SSC MTS/SSC CPO and other SSC exams.
Last minute suggestion by TechMario.com -> All the willing candidates, please make sure that you have OBC certificate in hand before final application form. If you don’t have as per standards then go to Tehsildar’s office/Collector Office and get it done. Else your entire year will be vanished just because of one certificate. Please comment if any question on SSC OBC Certificate rules.