SSC Junior Engineer Job Profile (Work Responsibilities) 2017 – Dear aspirants, before plunged into any of the work or job you should make sure whether that job is suitable for you and your interest. Believe me, In short money will drive you but at long run, only your interest will help you in doing the SSC JE Job. Hence here we are discussing Job profile and Responsibilities under SSC JE Job.
SSC Junior Engineer Job profile 2017
All the aspirants who are filling the application form of SSC JE Exam should check out the work profile and Job responsibility in detail here. Staff Selection Commission also known as SSC conducts Junior Engineer exam every year to recruit the candidates from Civil Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer and Quantity Surveying and Contract Engineer in various departments.
Basically Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Quantity Surveying and Contract Engineer are placed in various department as Junior Engineer. Below is the list of department you may get if you are selected in ssc je job.
- CWC (Central Water Commission)- Junior Engineer (Civil)
- CWC (Central Water Commission) – Junior Engineer (Mechanical)
- CPWD (Central Public Works Department) – Junior Engineer (Civil)
- CPWD (Central Public Works Department) – Jr Engineer (Electrical)
- DP (Department of Post) – Junior Engineer (Civil)
- DP (Department of Post) – Junior Engineer (Electrical)
- MES (Military Engineering Service) – Mechanical Junior Engineer
- MES (Military Engineering Service) – Electrical and mechanical Junior Engineer
- MES (Military Engineering Service) – Quantity Surveying and Contract Junior Engineer
In this blog post and other similar blog on SSC JE exam, we discussed Job Profile, Roles and Responsibilities, Pay Scale, Career Prospects, Growth, Opportunities. Within this article links are given to other article for better idea.
|Other SSC’s Job Profile and Work Responsiblities|
SSC JE work Responsibilities (Department Wise)
As per the candidates qualification, you will assigned to respective department. As you can see in above list there is different stream engineer for different department. Below are the list of department for which ssc je recruitment takes place.
- Central Water Commission (CWC)
- Central Public Works Department (CPWD)
- Military Engineering Services (MES)
- Department of Posts (DoP)
All the JE posts are classified under the ‘Group B non-gazetted category’ of the Central Government. Your main work will be to handle and work on planning, designing and other works in their respective areas of specialization.
For an example, if you are Junior Civil Engineer, then you main work will be to see the planning for newly proposed design in your respective field (Lets say bridge construction). You need to plan the successful planning of the bridge construction, designing of proposed plan and then executing it successfully.
Please presume that your work will be quite interesting as well as challenging. But all the guys who are really geek and love to study their core engineering branch, we would suggest them ssc junior engineer job profile. read below paragraph SSC Junior Engineer Roles & Responsibilities for detailed info.
How do i get recruited for SSC JE Job Posts
This is very basic question but at the same time, it is most puzzling question. We are not sure about the process of recruitment and what should you do to join the ssc je job as a civil, mechanical, electrical engineer.
- First of all make sure the SSC JE Eligibility Criteria that you are eligible or not.
- Fill the application form and download the ssc je admit card.
- You need to Appear for two papers. Paper 1 & paper 2.
- Check here SSC JE Paper 1 & Paper 2 Syllabus and here JE Paper 1 & Paper 2 Exam pattern for better clarification in detailed views.
- You need to qualify both exams and you are selected as Junior Engineer in respective specialization.
SSC Junior Engineer Roles & Responsibilities
Once you selected into staff selection commission Junior engineer job you will be responsible for below mentioned profile. Your daily work will surrounded in making plans for the next day regarding allotment of work to your subordinate and supervising.
You will be mainly responsible for below roles,
- Supervision of Work on the field
- Planning of assigned task
- Accounts/billl/work done
- Government Scheme Execution
- Assisting Superiors and report to higher authority.
look at below chart for organization wise job profile and location of posting.
|Organization Name||Work Profile||Location|
|CPWD||– Job Profile related to estimation,|
stock maintaining, frequent site visits.
– More no. vacancies.
|In major cities|
|CWC||Mostly Supervisory work||In major cities of India|
|MES||– Amenities like Pool, Gym, Army Schools & Hospitals, etc.|
– Ample Vacancies.
– Disciplined Lifestyle.
|Near Army Residence|
|– Maintaining Stock of their section.|
– Passing the bills for work done by Contractor.
– Large no. of Vacancies.
|– Mostly Supervision work for|
Quality Assurance & surveying.
– Passing the bills for work
done by Contractor.
– Office Work with frequent
|BRO||– Difficult Working Conditions|
– Ample no. of Vacancies.
|Near International Borders|
|DGQA||– Comes under the Ministry of Defence.|
– Respectable career.
– Ministerial post.
– Mostly supervision work to ensure quality.
– Less Vacancies
|Mainly near major Naval|
Headquarters in India
|– Non-Transferable Job.|
– Less no. Vacancies.
– Working Condition difficult on
an ongoing Project.
|Onsite of Farakka Barrage|
|– Research Work.|
– Less no. of posts.
|Posting & major sites.|
|NTRO||– Mostly Technical Research Work.|
– Research for mainly IB,
RAW, Army, etc.
– No Interference of Politicians, Army, Ministry.
– Adventurous Job.
– Works as Autonomous.
Agencies HQ locations.
JE Salary and Career Growth
As earlier mentioned we have covered the SSC JE salary structure and career growth in other separate article. SSC Je In Hand Salary is 33,000 Approximate and after 7th pay commission, you will get salary in 44,000 in SSC JE Post.
you will get below allowances as well,
- Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Special Allowance
- Medical Allowance
Read here detailed SSC JE Salary Structure and Career Growth promotion
That’s all on SSC Junior Engineer Job profile and Work Responsibilities 2017 and we are hoping that it helps you in understanding work profile and other details on ssc je.
If any questions please comment in below box.