SBI Clerk Career Growth 2018 – SBI jobs are considered to be the most prestigious banking jobs, because SBI has a strong culture that encourages performance based growth. So, Most of the Associates from other banks also appear for SBI Exams. which makes it a lot harder to crack. You know that in growing competition, Performance and potential are key elements which determine this career progression at SBI. So let us look at the Career Growth and Promotions for SBI Clerk 2018.
SBI Clerk Career Growth & Promotion (Junior Associate) 2018
Candidates selected through SBI Clerk 2018 Recruitment will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Bank in force at the time of joining.
- The newly appointed Junior Associates will be on probation for a minimum period of 6 months.
- During probation period, 15 prescribed highly informative e-lessons are provided. The reason for the probation period is to instill practical knowledge in the employee.
- Once probation period comes to an end, based on performance employees are evaluated and probation may extend for people who are doesn’t meet the exception
Duties of SBI Clerk Junior Associate
- Assisting customers in all the processes and provide periodic updates. Collecting information about all the relevant factors from customers
- Inspect applications and plans to ensure completeness, authenticity and viability
- Verifying proper utilisation of the bank’s loans which are granted
- Encouraging customers like farmers/small borrowers to mobilize funds and deposit their savings with the bank.
Promotions for SBI Clerk 2018
Promotions for SBI Clerk can be of two types:
1. In-Cadre Promotions for SBI Clerk
- After completing ten years of service in clerical cadre, the person will be promoted to the post of Senior Assistant.
- After completing twenty years of service in clerical cadre, the person will be promoted to the post Senior Special Assistant.
- After completing thirty years of service in clerical cadre, the person will be promoted to the post of Special Assistant.
- Note: each post carry some special allowance.
2. Promotions for SBI Clerk to Officer Cadre
To Trainee officer
- After completing three years of service, after clearing written test and interview clerk will be promoted as trainee officer.
- Such clerks are put under probation for a period of two years.
- After successful completion of probation period for two years, based on performance will be either recruited into Middle Management Grade Scale-II (MMGS-II) cadre or sent back to clerical cadre.
Directly to JMGS-I
- After completing six years of service under fast track promotion channel or after twelve years of service under normal promotion channel, a clerk can become a Junior Manager Grade Scale (JMGS-I) officer.
This is all on SBI Clerk Career Growth & Promotions 2018. All the candidates appearing for SBI Junior Associates (Clerk) exam should know about these information.