RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master (ASM) – know here everything about ASM (Assistant Station Master) in Indian Railway job. We have covered ASM (A-Z details) ranging from ASM Salary, Career Growth, Promotions, Job Profile, Recruitment, Selection process, Eligibility Criteria & much more.
Here you can find below points about Assistant Station Master Post,
- Job Profile
- Salary Structure
- Career Growth & promotions
- Eligibility Criteria
- Selection Process
lets get started !
- RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master (ASM) 2017
- RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master Job profile
- Work Profile:
- Assistant Station master Job Suitability:
- ASM Salary Structure 2017
- Salary Deduction of ASM
- ASM Promotion and Career Growth
- Eligibility Criteria for ASM 2017
- Assistant Station master Selection Process 2017
RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master (ASM) 2017
Indian Railways Non Technical Popular Categories post are being recruited through RRB NTPC Exam and ASM Post is one of those non technical post which comes under NTPC posts. Lets look at all the details for RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master posts.
RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master Job profile
All of us must have gone through railway station. And if you are from small town station then you must have seen a person at station holding red and green flags while train is passing ? Just opposite the main station operation room. Yes, then let me tell you that person is called station master and person assisting station master on various roles is called Assistant Station master.
- You will be in charge of running of the trains at a station if it is small station else more than one station master get appointment for bigger station/junction.
- The ASM operates the signals, ensures that everything goes as per the rules laid out.
- An Assistant Station master works in shifts. Generally, each station has one ASM, though bigger stations may have more than one ASM.
Assistant Station master Job Suitability:
- This is very attentive job and require you to be alert while on duty. Here attentive means, you need to be on duty all the time while you are on duty and you can’t leave your responsibilities to somebody else while performing assigned duties.
- Travelling is not required as part of the job.
- The job is suitable for candidates with One Arm (OA), One Leg (OL), Muscular Weakness (MW) and Hearing Handicapped (HH).
Want to have look at other posts job profile ? –> RRB NTPC Job profile Post Wise
ASM Salary Structure 2017
Assistant Station master grade pay is 2800 which comes under pay scale of 5200 – 20200.
Lets elaborate more on ASM Salary components and give you complete idea of ASM Salary and pay scale along with allowances.
After 7th pay commission salary has incresed as per pay commission norms but below table is showing as per 6th pay commission. This chart applied in the starting of your job (lets say first year only).
|Salary Component||Amount (INR)|
|Basic Pay + GP||8000|
(119% of Basic Pay + GP)
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||Depends on various|
factor (refer below)
|Transport Allowance||Depends on various|
factor (refer below)
|Total Salary (in Hand)||17520 + Allowances|
DA (Dearness Allowances) is 119% in 6th pay commission but revised every six month hence it will increase multi-fold and once 7th pay commission is applied it will go even higher.
No allowances except DA are generally paid during the training period to Assistant Station master.
HRA is calculated after posting for ordinary cities (10%). It can be 20% or 30% depending on the city. This rule applies to TA as well.
Salary Deduction of ASM
Deductions are made on the total pay so you receive a lower net pay. Below are the deduction made on Assistant Station master net pay,
- TIRE 1 Deductions (10% of DA + Basic Pay)
- Medical Insurance (₹60)
- Professional Tax (depends on the state)
- Income Tax (TDS at source)
- New Pension Scheme (10% of C i.e. 10% of Basic Pay + GP)
Other post salary under RRB NTPC ? – RRB NTPC Salary Post Wise
ASM Promotion and Career Growth
Now comes the most exiting part of any job. Promotion and salary hike keeps us motivated and we push little further to achieve more. This is basic funda behind giving you promotion so that you work more harder and efficiently.
You will start you career as Assistant Station Master but eventually with time you will get promoted for below posts.
- Station Master
- Station Superintendent (SS)
- Assistant Operations Manager
- Divisional Operations Manager
Eligibility Criteria for ASM 2017
Not everybody can give ASM Exam under RRB NTPC. There are certain criteria you need to posses to get eligible for Assistant Master post.
Very basic criteria are like, A University Degree or its equivalent. As of 1.1.2016, the candidate must be between 18 and 32 years of age. Reserved categories candidates will get reservation.
Assistant Station master Selection Process 2017
If you are eligible then you can fill the RRB NTPC Recruitment application form and sit for exam. find below an overview of selection process for ASM Post. 60% plus shortfall of vacancies will be filled by direct recruitment through RRBs.
25% by general selection from among-st employees possessing the qualification of Matriculation and working as Shunting Masters, Cabinmen I, Switchmen, Senior Signallers, and Senior Train Clerks with an upper age limit of 45 years/
- Apply online before last date of application
- Single Stage Computer Based Test (Prelims only)
- Aptitude Test
- Document Verification
For the Aptitude Test, candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies will be called and only 1:8 will be qualify. It means competition is really tough and high.
If you have any confusion and suggestion on RRB NTPC Assistant Station Master (ASM) then please comment and help us this portal best govt job portal for all aspirants.