Daily Current Affairs 29th August 2017 – Read below 29th August Current affairs section wise. We divided our current affair in different sections as below,
- What is Today
- International Current Affairs Section
- MOU & Agreements Section
- National Current Affairs Section
- Sports Current affairs Section
- Business & Economic Affairs Section
- New Appointments Section
Daily Current Affairs 29th August 2017
What is Today (29th August)
- International Day Against Nuclear Tests
- Birthday of Dhyan Chand (29 August 1905), the hockey legend who won Three Olympic gold medals for India (1928,1932 and 1936).
- Sanskrit Diwas
- Today is Telugu Language Day (Telugu Bhasha Dinotsavam). This date was chosen to coincide with the birthday of the Telugu poet Gidugu Venkata Ramamurthy Panthulu.
International Current Affairs Section
- PM Narendra Modi will be on a visit to China from 3rd to 5th September 2017 to attend 9th BRICS
- To reduce plastic pollution, Kenya imposed the world’s toughest law against plastic bags on 29 august 2017 with a maximum fine of over ₹25 lakh or a four-year jail term
- Six caves containing Ice Age art have become Unesco’s newest World Heritage site in Germany
- US President Donald Trump has lifted an Obama-era order which banned police from using surplus military equipment including grenade launchers, bulletproof vests, and riot shields
- China has been drafting a law on the appropriate use of its National Anthem by introducing criminal prosecution for violators.
National Current Affairs
- PM Modi will participate in 9th BRICS Summit.
- Heavy rain in Mumbai cause chaos among citizen.
Sports Current affairs Section
- Today(29 August) is national sports day in India.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented National Sports Awards 2017 today on the occasion of National Sports Day.
- RAJIV GANDHI KHEL RATNA,
- Devendra Jhajaria (para-athlete)
- Sardar Singh (hockey)
- ARJUNA AWARDEES
- Jyothi Surekha Vennam (archery)
- Khushbir Kaur (athletics)
- Rajiv Arokia (athletics)
- Prashanthi Singh (basketball)
- Laishram Devendro Singh (boxing)
- Cheteshwar Pujara (cricket)
- Harmanpreet Kaur (cricket)
- Oinam Bembem Devi (football)
- SSP Chawrasia (golf)
- SV Sunil (hockey)
- Jasvir Singh (kabaddi)
- Prakash Nanjappa (shooting)
- Anthony Amalraj (table tennis)
- Saketh Myneni (tennis)
- Satyawart Kadian (wrestling)
- Mariyappan (para-athlete)
- Varun Singh Bhati (para-athlete)
- DRONACHARYA AWARDEES
- Late Dr. R Gandhi (athletics)
- Heera Nand Kataria (kabaddi)
- GSSV Prasad (badminton)
- Brij Bhushan Mohanty (boxing – Lifetime)
- PA Raphel (hockey – Lifetime)
- Sanjoy Chakraverthy (shooting – Lifetime)
- Roshan Lal (wrestling – Lifetime)
- DHYAN CHAND AWARDEES
- Bhupender Singh (Athletics)
- Syed Shahid Hakim (Football)
- Sumarai Tete (Hockey)
MOU and Agreements
- India and Germany have signed an agreement on technical cooperation under the Indo-German Energy Programme – Green Energy Corridors (IGEN-GEC)
- The agreement was signed between India’s Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH India on behalf of Germany
Business & Economic Affairs
- In order to incentivise digital transactions the government is planning to offer 2% discount over the applicable GST rate on bills up to ₹2,000.
- Digital payments and ecommerce company Paytm has re branded Postcard, its digital version of gifting money in an envelope on festive occasions, to Lifafa (which means envelope in Hindi) after India Post sent a notice to the company to stop using the term ‘postcard’
- The government today announced that GST will be applicable on fringe benefits an employee gets from his employer. – Fringe benefits is an extra benefit supplementing an employee’s money wage or salary, for example a company car, private health care, etc.
- US-based cab-hailing startup Uber launched inapp messaging feature along with multi-destination rides for users in India
- US-based social media platform Reddit’s (Founded: 23 June 2005) first employee Chris Slowe has been appointed as the startup’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
That’s all on Daily Current Affairs 29th August 2017.