UPSC CDS Salary and Allowances 2018 – Union Public Selection Commission conducts Combined Defence Service Exam to recruit entry level officer in the Indian Military Academy(IMA), officers Training Academy(OTA), Indian Naval Academy(INA) and Indian Air Force Academy (IAFA). As per the course choose in application and marks chased in exam, you will be assigned duties.
Here in This CDS Salary Post we are going to discuss below points,
- Officer Entry Pay Scale
- Grade Pay (rank wise)
- In Hand Salary
- Allowances (all type)
CDS Salary 2018 [Officer Level]
We have been constantly writing about CDS Exam. It is not a cake walk to join Defense Jobs. It takes sweat and blood to reach to this level. Every citizen is proud of our Jawan. They are serving this nation and playing crucial role in security of our country.
So starting with CDS Pay Scale for officers in entry level exams. You will get fixed pay band grade pay along side time to time promotions will be there. There are various benefits and facilities along with allowances are applicable to Army in general.
UPSC CDS Pay Scale
Check below table which shows Pay scale band wise for all the posts. Lieutenant is the starting post you may join and by the experience you may reach upto COAS (Chief of the Army Staff).
|Lieutenant to Major||15,600-39,100 ( PB-3 )|
|Lieutenant Col. to Maj General||37,400-67,000 ( PB-4 )|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||67,000/- ( annual increment @ 3% ) – 79.000|
|HAG Scale* (* Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt. Gens)||75,500/- ( annual increment @ 3% ) – 80,000|
|AS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG )/ VCO||80,000/-|
|Chief of the Army Staff||90,000/-|
No Confusion with Pay Scale? Still have then please keep reading the post.
CDS Salary: Grade Pay
Now there is different grade pay for different rank in army. It is quite common sense that as high as you reach the more salary and grade pay you will get. Lets understand the break down of Grade pay from Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lieutenant colonel, Colonel, Brigadier, Major General to Lieutenant General. Below chart is showing rank wise Payband, Pay scale, Grade pay and Military Service Pay.
Check out the below chart (table -> CDS Grade Pay) as per bank band.
For Pay Band 3: 15600-39100 (pay Scale)
For Pay Band 4: 37400-67000 (pay Scale)
|Rank||Pay Band||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Lieutenant colonel||PB 4||8000||6000|
|Major General||PB 4||10000||NA|
MSP is military service pay, which is fixed sum (6000/-) entitled to all the rank post except Major General. As table shows there is two band and grade pay is varying as per the rank.
All the candidates who gets commissioned through CDS exam will get stipend during the training days. You will get 21000 as fixed Stipend which includes 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/- for the entire duration of training.
I have mentioned 4-5 things in starting of this post that i will briefing these things here so next is CDS Allowances. So now lets talk about the allowance benefits.
CDS Allowances 2018
There are different kinds of allowances you will get during your service. Allowances is mandatory to all the officers from starting to top posts.
- Kit Maintenance Allowances – 400/- Per Month
- DA (Dearness Allowances)
- compensatory Highly active Field Area Allowance – All the officers posted in field area will be entitled to field area allowance. This is varying component as per the post. Higher post will get higher amount.
- Highly active Field Area Allowance rate – 6,780/- to 8,400/- p.m.
- Compensatory Field Area Allowance rate of 4,200/- to 5,200/- p.m.
- Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance rate of 1,600/- to 2,000/- p.m.
- If height is higher than 9000 ft then you will get High Altitude Allowance in the range of 1,060 p.m. to 11,200 pm
- in Addition Siachen Allowance at the rate of 14,000/- per month
- Uniform allowance : Initial allowance for a one time kit @ 14,000/- and 3,000/- for every three years.
- Free ration will be provided to all the officers.
- TA (Transport Allowances) – Transport allowance @ 3,200/- + DA thereon p.m. in A-1/A class cities and 1,600/- + DA thereon p.m. at other places shall be admissible to officers.
- You will get Children Education Allowance.
Now quickly move to next section, Qualification Pay and Grant.
This is one of its kind allowances to all the degree holder candidates. As per your qualification, you will get the lumpsum Qualification Grant of 6,000/-, 9000/-, 15000/- or 20,000/-.
The Army Aviators ( Pilots ) serving in Army Aviation Corps
- Master Aviation Instructor 500/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class I – 400/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class II – 280/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Master Green Card – 400/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Green Card – 280/- p.m.
The Army Aviators ( Pilots ) serving in the Army Aviation Corps
- Brig. and above 10,500/-
- Maj to Col 14,000/-
- Capt and Equivalent 11,000/-
- Lt and Equivalent 9,000/-
We are hoping that above information is enough for you to get overall idea on perks and emoluments offered in combined defense services.
That’s all on CDS Salary 2018 and allowances along with benefits.
Please comment if any confusion.