CDS Physical Standard (Medical Test) 2019-2020 – All the CDS candidates need to pass the physical exam before getting final selection. Get here physical standard test (PST) criteria and medical test criteria for Combined Defence Service Exam. Now in this post we will discuss Guidelines of Physical Standards for Combined Defence Services Exam. Also we will discuss CDS Medical Criteria for Eye, Ear and other medical test.
- CDS Physical Standard Test 2019-2020
- CDS Medical Exam Procedure
- Physical Standards For Combined Defence Service Exam
- CDS Chest Criteria
- Height and Weight Standards
- Height and weight Chart
- Height/Weight Standards for Female Candidates
- Teeth/Noose/Ear/Throat Conditions
- CDS Vision Standards
- Male Candidates vision criteria
- Female Candidates vision criteria
CDS Physical Standard Test 2019-2020
All the candidates who are lucky enough to clear the initial rounds of CDS Recruitment (written exam and Intelligence test) need to go through the medical examination. You need to clear the physical or medical round to get the final selection. if you pass the written exam and personality Candidates then you need to under physical test.
Official Website – Direct Link
To get the name in final selection list of CDS, candidates needs to be physically fit as per the medical standard of Fitness.
Numerous number of students are clearing first two steps of CDS Selection Process but getting disqualified in Medical Standard Examination.
In this article we will discuss following CDS Physical Standard Parameters,
- Medical Exam Procedure in CDS Exam
- CDS Exam Tattoo Criteria
- Physical Standard in CDS Exam
- Mental Standard
- CDS Height Standard for Male/Female
- Weight Standard in CDS for Male/Female
- Teeth Conditions
- Noose, Ear and Throat Condition
- CDS Vision standards
- Additional Physical Standards for AirForce
CDS Medical Exam Procedure
Follow below steps to know the medical process in CDS exam.
- Now first of all you need to appear for Written Exam and after that you need to through SSB.
- After SSB You will get recommendation based on your performance.
- All the candidates who are SSB recommended will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers (BSMO).
- This Medical Exam is applicable for Both Male & Female Candidates.
- Women candidates will undergo Medical Examination by a Medical Board comprising male/ female doctors/ specialists/ Gynecologist. There will be a lady Medical Officer as member of Board.
- The candidate declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Medical Board.
- If you are declared unfit then you will be intimated about the procedure for Appeal Medical Board. You can apply for Appeal Medical Board (AMB) which to be completed within 42 days of SMB
Physical Standards For Combined Defence Service Exam
Below points are need to be take care while giving the physical exam for CDS. Few are the very basic criteria candidates need to fulfill rest all are very strict and must follow criteria.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease which may interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
- A candidate should have no past history of mental breakdown or fits.
CDS Chest Criteria
- Chest should be well developed.
- The minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
- The measurement will be taken with a tape so adjusted that its lower edge should touch the nipple in front and the upper part of the tape should touch the lower angle of the shoulder blades behind.
- X-Ray of the chest is compulsory and will be taken to rule out any disease of the chest.
Height and Weight Standards
|Post Name||Min Height (Male)||Min Height (Female)|
|Indian Navy||157.5 cms||152 cms|
|Indian Air Force||162.5 cms||152 cms|
|5 Cms relaxation of height for Gorkhas/hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon|
|2 cms relaxation of height for Lakshadweep candidates|
*** concessions are not applicable for Navy and Air Force
Height and weight Chart
Height/Weight Standards for Male Candidates
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
Height/Weight Standards for Female Candidates
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
- Teeth Should be in good shape and minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable.
- The hearing should be normal and you should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms in a quite room.
CDS Vision Standards
Vision is also playing crucial part in CDS Physical Standard.
Male Candidates vision criteria
- A candidate should be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye with or without glasses (For navy and Air Force without glasses only).
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5D including Astigmatism.
Female Candidates vision criteria
- A candidates should be able to read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) in a distant vision chart with or without glasses
- Myopia should not be more than minus 5.5 including Astogination.
- Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye.
- A candidate must have good binocular vision.
- The colour vision standard will be CP-III.
- A candidate should be able to recognise red and green colours.
For more CDS Physical Standard and Medical Criteria, you can refer the official Notification.