CDS exam eligibility Criteria – Dear cds aspirants, get here age limit, education qualification and physical standard for combined defense services exam 2017. In series of articles on CDS exam official recruitment we are covering all the details about this exam for the benefits of candidates who are preparing for cds exam. Preparation is key to success and to do that you need to make sure certain things. In that cds eligibility criteria plays a vital role hence here we are discussing all the possible parameters of cds criteria 2017.
If you are having any of the question below questions then you will get your answer in this blog post,
- What is the age limit of cds exam?
- Does CDS exam allow reservation based age relaxation?
- Education qualification of cds Exam 2017?
- What are the physical criteria for combined defence services exam (chest/height/weight)?
CDS Exam Eligibility Criteria 2017
As you know CDS Exam is conducted twice in a year every year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), therefore we are discussing age limit, physical standard and education criteria. Main purpose to conduct cds exam recruitment is to recruit into the Indian Military Academy(IMA), officers Training Academy(OTA), Indian Naval Academy(INA) and Indian Air Force Academy (IAFA).
lets discuss cds exam eligibility criteria in detail.
CDS Age Limit:
Age limit for cds exam is being divided into various categories. As per the academy cds age limit is decided whether you are eligible or not. here we are giving combined defence services exam age limit for as per the academy Indian Military Academy(19-24 years) , officers Training Academy(19-25 years), Indian Naval Academy(19-22 years) and Indian Air Force Academy (19-23 years).
|CDS Academy||Min Age Limit||Max Age Limit|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||19 years||22 years|
|Air Force Academy (IAFA)||19 years||23 years|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19 years||24 years|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA)||19 years||25 years|
Education qualification for CDS Exam:
it seems like table is best way to present an information, hence we are covering most of the part of cds exam eligibility criteria in table form. Here you can get the education qualification for cds exam.
|Academy Name||Education Qualification|
|Indian Military Academy||Degree from a recognized university or equivalent|
|Officers’ Training Academy||Degree from a recognized university or equivalent|
|Indian Naval Academy||B.Sc. with Physics & Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering|
|Air Force Academy||B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics at 10+2 or Bachelor of Engineering|
Please note that,
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificate on the date of commencement of the SSB interview.
- All the final year students can also apply but they will be required to subject proof of passing the degree examination on final selection.
Sex & Marital Status
Below table shows the eligibility criteria for male and female. Whether marries is allowed or only unmarried is allowed. Please note that Female candidates (unmarried or issue-less divorced) are only eligible for OTA officers training academy Chennai.
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||Yes(Unmarried)||No|
|Air Force Academy (IAFA)||Yes(Unmarried)||No|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||Yes(Unmarried)||No|
|Officers Training Academy (OTA)||Yes(Unmarried)||Yes (Unmarried/Divorced)|
CDS Physical Standard (Chest/Body/Weight/Height)
- All the candidates applying for cds exam must be physically fit and also should be free from any disease in order fit to perform all duties.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (I), 2017 as per guidelines are given in Appendix-IV.
- Chest and upper body of candidates should be lean and well built.
- You should not have any hearing disability.
- there are more physical standard will be measured please refer Appendix-IV for detailed info.
CDS Eye Vision Criteria
- For a male candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are distant Vision better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18.
- (For Air Force without glasses only) Myopia of not more than minus 3.5 D and Manifest hypermetropia of not more than plus 3.5 D including Astigmatism.
- For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are distant Vision (corrected) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 D including Astigmatism. Manifest hypermetropia of not more than plus 3.5 D including astigmatism.
- A candidate must have good binocular vision. The color vision standard will be CP-II for Army.
A candidate should be able to recognize red and green color.
That’s all cds aspirants on cds exam eligibility criteria 2017.
if you have any question regarding age limit, education qualification and physical standard please comment in below box.