AFCAT selection process 2019-20– You must be worried? what is the need of knowing selection process then my dear IAF Aspirants, we are really happy and it is privileged for us to have an Indian Air Force Job aspirants on our website. The name (Air Force) itself is worthy to ignite the fire in you.
Update: here you can check complete step by step guide on how to get the selection in AFCAT Exam.
Knowing its selection procedure may lead you to front in cut-throat competition. To keep our readers informed with the latest updates on AFCAT selection process and branch/duty wise Selection Procedure for Flying branch, technical branch and ground duty branch, we are writing this article.
Here we will answer below basic questions on AFCAT Exam,
- AFCAT Technical Branch Selection Procedure 2019-2020
- What is the AFCAT Flying Branch selection process and steps
- What is SSB Process in AFCAT Exam.
- How is selection is being done of Ground Duty officers in AFCAT Exam.
- AFCAT Selection Process 2019-2020
- AFCAT branch wise Selection Process:
- AFCAT 2019-20 Selection Procedure
- Step 1: Notification, Application and AFCAT & EKT Exam:
- Step 2: SSB at AFSC (6 Days)
- Day 1: Screening Test (At SSB Center)
- Day 2: CPSS/PABT/Psychological Test
- Day 3: Interview/ Group Exams
- Day 4: Interview/ Group Exams
- Day 5: Interview/ Group Exams
- Day 6: Conference round (recommendation)
- Step 3: Medical exam round at AFCME
- Step 4 : Final AIR List (All India Merit List)
AFCAT Selection Process 2019-2020
IAF (AFCAT) Selection Procedure: When you fly high, when you touch the sky, the essence of pride is no less than an golden achievement, but it is our basic duty to serve the nation- says Indian Air Force slogan. on our website we writes on Indian Army Jobs, Indian Air force Jobs and Indian Navy Jobs.
AFCAT exam stands for Air Force Common Admission Test is a written exam conducted by Indian Air Force twice in year to induct officers in the IAF. All the candidates who has applied need to download AFCAT Admit Card 2019-20.
Making career in air force is not a walk in the park. It takes sweat and blood to get that courage and make your self up to that mark. It takes a lot to sacrifice for your nation.
Working in the Indian Air Force makes you strong enough and teaches you not to substitute words for actions, not to seek the path of comfort, but to face the stress and spur of difficulty and challenge, to learn to stand up in the storm.
It gives you a temper of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigour of the emotions, a predominance of courage and an appetite for adventure over the love of ease. -Words from Indian Air Force Career Website.
|What is sample paper of AFCAT Exam:|
AFCAT branch wise Selection Process:
Afcat exam and afcat selection process, Mainly conducted for three branches with different roles and duties.
- Ground Duty Branches – You manage all the activity on ground which includes following duties. You may want to join ADMINISTRATION BRANCH or ACCOUNTS BRANCH or LOGISTICS BRANCH or EDUCATION BRANCH or METEOROLOGY BRANCH.
- Flying Branch – You are trained as a Fighter pilot or a Helicopter pilot or a Transport pilot and are part of various peace and wartime missions.)
- Technical Branch – As an officer in the Ground Duty (Technical) Branch, you propel and manage your team to ensure that the Indian Air Force remains airworthy.
|More similar Exam Selection Process|
|Indian Army selection Process||SSC CGL Selection Process|
|NDA Selection Process||CDS Selection Process|
AFCAT 2019-20 Selection Procedure
Selection procedure for Flying branch, technical branch and ground duty is divided into 4 steps. These steps include AFCAT & EKT exam, SSB (5 days), Medical Examination and All India Merit List. So lets read all the steps of afcat selection process one by one.
Step 1: Notification, Application and AFCAT & EKT Exam:
- All the Indian Air Force who wants to join IAF via AFCAT need to download the AFCAT notification and read it carefully. After that, You need to fill the afcat application form.
- To fill this form, First you need to be eligible for AFCAT exam (Age Limit, Education Qualification and Physical Standard).
- Once you fill the form successfully, You need to appear for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) which is being conducted twice in a year.
- If you pass these two exams (EKT is for technical branch only), Please follow next step 2.
Step 2: SSB at AFSC (6 Days)
- All the hard working candidates, who are lucky to clear written exams (AFCAT and EKT) successfully, will be called for next round which is SSB Round in AFCAT Exam.
- SSB is being conducted at Air Force Selection Boards (AFSCs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi for next evaluation of candidates.
- Second step is divided into two stages- Stage 1 (day 1 ) and Stage 2 ( day 2- day 6)
Day 1: Screening Test (At SSB Center)
- So in this 6 days evaluation process, On first day, you need to report at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, Mysore and Kancharapara) as given on your admit card/ call letter.
- Day 1, you will go through Officer Intelligence rating Test, Picture perception and Discussion Test.
- All the qualified candidates who qualify, need to go for next day for further evaluation, rest who are unable to make it, need to leave back to home. It means only the qualified candidates from stage 1 will go to the stage 2.
Day 2: CPSS/PABT/Psychological Test
- All the day 1 qualified candidates will go thorugh day 2 evaluation process.
- On day 2, All the flying branch candidates, will go through CPSS / PABT (Computerised Pilot Selection System/Pilot Aptitude Battery Test).
- Next you need to appear for psychological test which is a a written test conducted by a Psychologist.
- Now you won’t have to go back to home till the whole process is complete till day 6.
Day 3: Interview/ Group Exams
- Now you need to go though several interviews. Interview activity involves a personal conversation with an Interviewing Officer who will judge you based on various parameters.
- You also will be tested based on various groups test.
- Please note that Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
Day 4: Interview/ Group Exams
- Day 4 also will be packed with groups test and interview process, but day 4 activity will be different from day 3 activities.
- Please note that all the groups test and interview process will have different parameters and procedures.
Day 5: Interview/ Group Exams
- Air Force officials will explain everything before starting of group test and interview, that in this particular test/interview what they are looking for and what skill they will check.
- Day 5 activities will be different from day 4 and day 3.
Day 6: Conference round (recommendation)
- Final day is most important day of selection process at ssb center and it is called conference.
- Basically on conference day, all the officers who evaluated you (Psychologist, Ground Testing Officer and the Interviewing Officer) will decide on you personality and decide on whether to recommend you or not.
- All the candidates who gets recommendation need to fill the certain application form and documents and subsequently move to the next step.
Step 3: Medical exam round at AFCME
- Yeah, now you are on the corner of final selection. God gave you so much of strength and skill to qualify long 6 days staff selection board (SSB) process.
- Now you need to go through the medical examination which will be held at AFCME or IAM.
- AFCME is Air Force Central Medical Establishment located in New Delhi.
- IAM is Institute of Aviation Medicine located in Bengaluru.
Step 4 : Final AIR List (All India Merit List)
- If you qualify from step 1 to 3 which includes screening test, SSB round and medical exam, we would say you are a god gifted person with extra ordinary qualities. It is not an easy process to reach till the final round.
- In final step, All India Merit List will be declared. This score is addition and average of all scores you grabbed so far which includes written test and AFSB interview, and medical exam.
- Final selection in merit list also depends on vacancies available in various branches / sub branches.
- joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
That is all about AFCAT selection process 2019-20 comprises afcat/ekt exam and 6 days long SSB with medical examination at Delhi/Bengaluru.
Now you may start feeling motivated and want to apply for AFCAT jobs, please go ahead and fill the application form.