ssc cpo physical standard (PET/PST Criteria) 2017– Dear SSC candidates, here we are going to discuss staff selection commission central police organization physical standard criteria which is also known as Physical Endurance Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test(PST).
|Official announcement by SSC on Paper 2: Only those candidates declared qualified in PET/ PST will be called for Paper – II and that the Medical Examination would be conducted subsequently.
It means candidates who are qualified in SSC CPO Paper 1 will be called for Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET). and if you manage to qualify PST/PET then you need to appear in TIER 2.
Check here – SSC CPO Selection Process Step by Step
These test are being conducted in the recruitment of Sub Inspector(SI) in delhi Police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF(Central Industrial Security Force).
ये शारीरिक सहनशक्ति परीक्षण (पीईटी) और शारीरिक मानक परीक्षण (पीएसटी) दिल्ली पुलिस, केंद्रीय रिजर्व पुलिस बल (सीआरपीएफ) और सीआईएसएफ (केंद्रीय औद्योगिक सुरक्षा बल) में सहायक उप निरीक्षक में उपनिरीक्षक (एसआई) की भर्ती में आयोजित किया जा रहा है।
SSC CPO Physical Standard 2017 (शारीरिक माप)
- 1 SSC CPO Physical Standard 2017 (शारीरिक माप)
- 2 SSC CPO Physical Measurements
If you are applying for SSC CPO Recruitment for SI/ASI then you should check the ssc cpo eligbility criteria. We have covered ssc cpo exam education qualification, age limit and other detail separately but in this post we are only covering physical eligibility criteria. This includes Chest (Male), Height(Male/Female), Long Jump(male/Female), Push up and Shot Put.
Organization Name: Staff Selection Commission
Post Name: Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF
Category: Eligibility Criteria
Official website: ssc.nic.in
Application official website: ssconline.nic.in
Note: CPO Stands for Central Police Organization.
SSC CPO Physical Measurements
To check all the physical measurements, ssc conducts two physical exam. One is PST(Physical Standard Test) and other is PET(Physical Efficiency Test). Here we will discuss both one by one in detail.
Physical Standard Test (PST Criteria)
शारीरिक मानक परीक्षण – Staff Selection Commission CPO Eligibility Cover Chest (Only Male) and Height (Male/Female) for general category, scheduled tribe and Hill areas. Here will cover chest and height category wise.
Refer below table for detailed chest/height criteria (छाती / ऊंचाई)
|Category||height (cms)||Chest (Normal in cms)||Chest (Expanded in cms)|
|Male(general)||170 cms||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (Hill area)||165 cms||80 cms||85 cms|
|Male (scheduled tribe)||162.5 cms||77 cms||82 cms|
|Female (general)||157 cms||NA||NA|
|Female( Hill Area)||155 cms||NA||NA|
|Female(scheduled tribe)||154 cms||NA||NA|
Note on PST Exam Criteria
- No Chest criteria for female candidates in PST Exam.
- Hill area includes Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim.
- Weight: CPO exam weight criteria is Corresponding to height for all posts (Check below chart)
- To get height relaxation (reserved categories) you need to present proof of reservation.
Height Weight Chart (BMI Index)
Check below chart for Height & weight ration in SSC CPO Physical Exam for male and female both. Candidates should have weight in ratio with height given.
Medical standard (For all posts)
Eye sight – The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision.
You must be in good mental and health conditions (defect free body)
Physical Endurance Test (PET) Criteria
शारीरिक सहनशक्ति परीक्षण – There is different-2 criteria for male and female in physical endurance test. Here we are giving PET details for both male & female.
For male and Female different PET criteria is decided.
For Male PET Criteria
- RACE: 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- Race: 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres long Jump in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
Note: Male Category – For Long Jump, High Jump and Shot Put three chances will be given.
For female candidates PET Criteria
- Race: 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- Race: 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances.
Note 1: Female Category – For Long Jump and High Jump three chances will be given. There will be no shot put for female category.
NOTE 2: All PET exams will not carry marks they are just passing in nature.
SSC CPO Physical Test Procedure
Below is the physical test procedure conducted by ssc in SSC CPO Physical Standard test. Read steps and follow them.
- You need to report at the venue on time (7 am Morning)
- You need to fill a form there.
- Officials will divided you into groups (10-12 candidates)
- Grouping depends on total no. of aspirants present.
- Now in groups you need to race for 1600 m in in 6.5 minutes (MALE)
- For female race would be of 800 meters and time is 4 minutes. (FEMALE)
- All the candidates who clear the race criteria will go 100 meter race and rest who disqualified will be out of the competition (they can watch other perform)
- After few minutes break you will do, 100 meter race in 16 seconds.
- After race if you qualify you need to go for long jump(3.65 metres/12 ft in 3 chances)
- If you clear the Long Jump, you will be next round else you are OUT.
- Next round is High Jump (1.2 metres/4ft) in 3 chances.
- Next round is shot put(16 lbs need to throw 4.5 metres- 3 attempts)
- If you are qualified in PET then you will go to PST Exam where height and chest will be checked.
- All the candidates who don’t meet the criteria will be rejected and you will be asked to fill a form stating the reason of rejection.
Monkey Jump/Tarzan Swing/Rope
Once all the selection are finalized in SSC CPO Physical Standard, all the candidates for the posts of Sub-Inspector(SI) and Assistant Sub-Inspector(ASI) would, as part of training curriculum, have to pass seven exam events as given below. And if candidates fails to do the same may not get the final selection.
See below physical exam events,
- Jumping over the Vertical Board;
- Holding the rope on jumping from the Board
- Tarzan Swing;
- Jumping on the Horizontal Board;
- Parallel Rope;
- Monkey Crawl;
- Vertical Rope.
That’s all on PST/PEF (SSC CPO Physical Standard 2017) and please comment if any question.
Other article on SSC CPO Exam