We come across many aspirants who are confused about ssc chsl eligibility criteria and keep asking what is the age limit of ssc chsl and education qualification post wise. Many ask about percentage criteria and grade pay of SSC chsl. In this article we have address all the queries regarding SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria, Age Limit & Education Qualification 2017. Please read the whole article and let us know if any queries in comment box.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria Age Limit, Educational qualification and grade pay salary 2017 post wise in detail
Table of contents
- 1 SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria Age Limit, Educational qualification and grade pay salary 2017 post wise in detail
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017 : SSC CHSL is a Staff selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam. This is the most participated examination of our country for 10+2 entry level. SSC conducts CHSL exam for the recruitment of Data Entry Operator (DEO), Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Court Clerk & Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant. Registration process for SSC CHSL has been started by 5th August 2017. We will discuss Eligibility criteria, age limit, required education qualification, grade pay and in hand salary for ssc chsl. Now let us talk further on SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017.
Aspirants who have completed the 12th Standard examination from a recognized Board or University are eligible to apply for these posts released under SSC CHSL Recruitment 2016 Notification.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017:
- Candidates’ age should be in between 18 to 27 years as on 1st August 2017. Age relaxation will be provided to reserved category candidates according to the norm of Govt. of India.
- For date of birth verification, 10th certificate will be required.
Age relaxation given to reserved categories is shown below-
|Category||Age-Relaxation permissible beyond the Upper age limit|
|For SC/ST age relaxation is||5 years|
|For OBC age relaxation is||3 years|
|For PH age relaxation is||10 years|
|For PH+OBC age relaxation is||13 years|
|For PH+SC/ST age relaxation is||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved / General)||03 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||06 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||08 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees (Gegeral)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees ( OBC )||Up to 43 years|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees ( SC/ST )||Up to 45 years of age|
|domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir( General )||5 years|
|domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir( OBC )||8 years|
|domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir( SC/ST)||10 years|
|Widows / Divorced Women judicially separated and who are not remarried ( General )||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows / Divorced women judicially separated and who are not remarried( OBC )||Up to 38 years of age|
|Widows / Divorced Women judicially separated and who are not remarried( SC/ST )||Up to 40 years of age|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation(General )||5 years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation (OBC )||8 (5+3) years|
|Defense Personnel disabled in operation (SC/ST)||10 (5+5) years|
|Service Clerks in Armed Forces( Unreserved/General )||Up to 45 years of age|
|Service Clerks in Armed Forces ( OBC )||Up to 48 years of age|
|Service Clerks in Armed Forces (SC/ST)||Up to 50 years of age|
|employees of Office of Registrar General of India ( General )( Only for RGI)||3 years plus + length of service rendered|
|employees of Office of Registrar General of India ( OBC )( Only for RGI)||Do + 3 years|
|employees of Office of Registrar General of India ( SC/ST )( Only for RGI)||Do + 5 years|
Note for age relaxation: Candidates seeking age relaxation will have to submit required certificate from the competent authority, in the prescribed format at the time of Skill Test. Otherwise, their claim for reservation will not be entertained and their applications will be considered under General category.
SSC CHSL eligibility criteria is incomplete until you are eligible for education criteria. Education qualification plays a wide and very important role in deciding whether you can write chsl exam or not. Candidates those have passed class 12th or its equivalent examination from a recognized university are only eligible to apply for SSC CHSL exam.
Below is the list of education qualification for SSC CHSL 2017:
- Candidates should have 12th Standard or equivalent examination passed certification from a recognized Board or University.
- If you have done 10+2 from open school / university, then it must be recognized by Distance Education Council (DEC) IGNOU.
- If you are applying for typing test / skill test, then you are required to produce the original documents, cast certificate(if applicable).
- All the candidates need to present the original documents otherwise they won’t entertain you.
- If you are claiming your false caste for reservation benefits and found guilty, then you may be permanently disqualified from the examinations conducted by the SSC, in case they found claiming SC/ST/OBC/Ex- Servicemen/ PH status falsely.
Nationality in SSC CHSL:
- A resident of India;
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan;
- Tibetan refugee those came to the country before 1st January, 1962 with the aim of permanent settling over here.
- A Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who is migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam and came to India with the aim of permanent settling over here.
SSC CHSL Grade Pay Post Wise:
we have discussed the SSC CHSL grade pay post wise in below table for LDC, DEO, Court Clerk and postal assistant with the gross salary.
|Post Name||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|LDC||1900||22,392 – 26,026|
|DEO||2400||29,340 – 35,220|
|Court Clerk||1900||22,392 – 26,026|
|Postal Assistant||2400||29,340 – 35,220|
Check: SSC CGL Grade pay post wise
SSC CHSL In Hand salary post wise:
Below table show the in hand salary in SSC CHSL post wise for LDC, DEO, Court Clerk and postal assistant with the grade pay.
|Post Name||Grade Pay||In-Hand Salary|
|LDC||1900||18,777 – 22,411|
|DEO||2400||25,165 – 31,045|
|Court Clerk||1900||18,777 – 22,411|
|postal Assistant||2400||25,165 – 31,045|
Last minute nudge if you are preparing for SSC CHSL 2017 and please adhere to timeline and prepare to fullest then you can get the success. If you any query and concern regarding Eligibility criteria, age limit, required education qualification, grade pay and in hand salary for ssc chsl 2017, please drop the comment in below box.
Stay connected with our website techmario.com for more updates on ssc chsl and SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria 2017.
You can hit like on our facebook page as well for regular updates.