SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern- Hi Dear CGL aspirants, Get here SSC CGL DEST/CPT test Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
Dest and cpt round is tier 4 in ssc cgl exam for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise & Income Tax) and Assistant Section Officer of CSS Assistant Section Officer (MEA) and Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/O Mines.
You can download the pdf file of SSC CGL DEST Exam Pattern or CGL CPT exam Pattern. SSC CGL DEST test stands for Data Entry Skill Test whereas CPT test stands for computer proficiency exam.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017 (DEST/CPT)
SSC CGL DEST/CPT Syllabus and Exam Pattern (Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT): Staff Selection conducts the CGL exam every year and similarly CGL Recruitment 2017 is going to be organized in June month. We have discussed syllabus and paper pattern for tier 4 in explanatory way so that you can understand it well. You can download the admit card for ssc cgl exam.
Know here: Post preference guide in ssc cgl
In this post these questions have been addressed (SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus (DEST/CPT) FAQs)
Question: SSC CGL TIER 4 for which post or for how many post we need to give tier 4 exam (dest test and cpt test)
Answers: DEST and CPT Exam is only for few post not for all the cgl posts. which include Tax assistant and Assistant Section Officer in cgl post.
Question: What is Skill Test?
Answers: SKill test also known as DEST. Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) at 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depression per hour on Computer. The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature. Computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
Question: What is CPT Test?
Answers: The Commission will hold Computer Proficiency Test (CPT), comprising of three modules- Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides.
Question: For which post skill test (DEST) is compulsory?
Answers: Skill Test is only for the post of Tax Assistants (Central Excise & Income Tax).
Question: For which post CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) is compulsory?
Answers: For the post of Assistant Section Officer of CSS Assistant Section Officer (MEA) and Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under M/o Corporate affairs, Assistant (GSI) in M/O Mines. The CPT will be conducted in the manner decided by the Commission for the purpose.
Question: Is CPT and DEST merit based or only qualifying in nature ?
Answers: The Skill Test and CPT Test will be of qualifying nature. Exam will be held at the Commission’s Regional/Sub Regional Offices or at other Centers as may be decided by the Commission.
Dear aspirants lets check the SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern and also along with this you can check for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3, if you haven’t yet. In this post, we will be discussing about SSC CGL DEST & CPT (Tier 4) Syllabus and Exam pattern.
The Staff Selection Commission has pitched in a new exam for those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services) and for the post of Tax Assistant.
You can check eligibility criteria for cgl post wise and make sure whether you qualify or not. For better preparation of cgl you look at the important books for ssc cgl and buy as soon as you make your mind to prepare for cgl exam.
Lets discuss cgl Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern in this post.
Few of the frequently asked question of tier 4 exam,
- Does SSC CGL DEST exam has cut off marks?
- What is the cut off marks for SSC CGL CPT exam ?
- Do we need to score only passing marks in DEST/CPT Exam?
- Does SSC CGL Document Verification is part of TIER 4 exam ? – No document verification will be conducted separately. read here list of document required and ssc cgl document verification.
Let’s move ahead and analyse the SSC CGL Tier 4 syllabus and Exam Pattern in detail.
SSC CGL 2017 DEST/CPT Exam Pattern:
Read here – Number of post in cgl and job profile post wise
Point to remember in CGL TIER 4 Exam:
- Marks obtained by candidates in Tier 1 and Tier 2, together, would determine the eligibility of the candidates to appear in Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Both CPT and DEST exams are of qualifying nature.
- Marks obtained will not be counted in merit but if you do not pass tier 4 exam then you will not get the desired post related to these exams.
- You need not to carry your computer/laptop/keyboard as computer will be provided by commission.
- Exemption for PH candidates is subject to government policy in force at the time.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Exam Syllabus (CPT/DEST)
SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus – As already discussed above that CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services).
Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for the post of Tax Assistant.
Lets now move ahead with the syllabus for the same.
|Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)|
||Practice on your computer by typing an article of approx. 2000 characters in 15 minutes. You can count the number of character in Microsoft Word automatically.|
||Practice on your computer in MS Excel software to get the basic understanding related to spredsheet creation, calculating the data using inbuilt calculation formulas.|
|Generation of Slides||
||Acquire basic knowledge of header, footer, date/time insertion, file address and basic understanding of Microsoft Power Point.|
|Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)|
||Practice more and more on your computer by typing an article of approx. 2000 characters in 15 minutes.|
Below is classification of errors in CGL TIER 4 (DEST/CPT). Commission allows only a certain percentage of mistakes. Lets now talk about the marking scheme for these exams:
Full Mistakes : The following errors will be treated as full mistakes :
- Every omission of word/ figure.
- For every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- For every addition of a word / figure not found in the passage.
Half Mistakes : The following errors will be treated as half mistakes :
- Spacing Errors : No space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ithink’ or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. I have, ‘I have’.
- For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘sleeping’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
- Wrong Capitalisation : Wrong use of capital letter for small letter and vice-versa.
Mistakes Cut-off allowed: Cut-off means that upto this percentage of mistakes are allowed by candidates for DEST and CPT candidates in Key depression exam:
Cut-off for spreadsheet and slide generation exam (power point and excel sheet) in CPT exam is 120 for General candidates and 100 for all other candidates.
So, that’s all guys for SSC CGL Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern (DEST & CPT Test). Follow below links for more related articles.
Please comment in below box for any questions and queries.