SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Syllabus, SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017, CGL DEST Pattern, SSC CGL Data Entry Skill Test pattern, Syllabus for CGL Tier 4, Exam Pattern for CGL TIER 4
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Syllabus and CGL Exam Pattern: Dear aspirants lets check the SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus and Exam pattern for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier3, if you haven’t yet. In this post, we will be discussing about SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam pattern. The Staff Selection Commission has pitched in a new exam for those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services) and for the post of Tax Assistant.
Important Note CGL TIER 4 Syllabus:
CPT: CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services).
DEST: Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for the post of Tax Assistant in SSC CGL exam.
Let’s move ahead and analyse the SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 syllabus and Exam Pattern in detail.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Exam Pattern:
Point to remember:
- Marks obtained by candidates in Tier 1 and Tier 2, together, would determine the eligibility of the candidates to appear in Tier 3 and Tier 4.
- Both CPT and DEST exams are of qualifying nature. Marks obtained will not be counted in merit but if you do not pass you will not get the desired post related to these exams.
- You need not to carry your computer/laptop/keyboard as computer will be provided by commission.
- Exemption for PH candidates is subject to government policy in force at the time.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Exam Syllabus:
As already discussed above that CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services). Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for the post of Tax Assistant. Lets now move ahead with the syllabus for the same.
|Computer Proficiency Test|
||Practice on your computer by typing an article of approx. 2000 characters in 15 minutes. You can count the number of character in Microsoft Word automatically.|
||Practice on your computer in MS Excel software to get the basic understanding related to spredsheet creation, calculating the data using inbuilt calculation formulas.|
|Generation of Slides||
||Acquire basic knowledge of header, footer, date/time insertion, file address and basic understanding of Microsoft Power Point.|
|Data Entry Skill Test|
||Practice more and more on your computer by typing an article of approx. 2000 characters in 15 minutes.|
Commission allows only a certain percentage of mistakes. Lets now talk about the marking scheme for these exams:
Full Mistakes : The following errors will be treated as full mistakes :
- Every omission of word/ figure.
- For every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- For every addition of a word / figure not found in the passage.
Half Mistakes : The following errors will be treated as half mistakes :
- Spacing Errors : No space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ithink’ or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. I have, ‘I have’.
- For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘sleeping’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
- Wrong Capitalisation : Wrong use of capital letter for small letter and vice-versa.
Cut-off: Cut-off means that upto this percentage of mistakes are allowed by candidates for DEST and CPT candidates in Key depression exam:
Cut-off for spreadsheet and slide generation exam (powerpoint and excel sheet) in CPT exam is 120 for General candidates and 100 for all other candidates.
So, that’s all guys for SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Follow below links for more related articles.