Know here updated SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Descriptive paper
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Syllabus and Exam Pattern: We have already discussed about SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus and Exam pattern for Tier 1 and Tier 2. So, in this post we will be discussing about SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Syllabus and Exam pattern. The Staff Selection Commission had brought a few changes in the examination pattern in order to make it more effective for determining the deserving candidate. Commission has introduced a descriptive paper as Tier 3 of the examination as the interview component has been wiped out with effect from this year. In this article, we will explain the pattern and syllabus related to this newly introduced descriptive paper of SSC CGL 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Exam Pattern:
|Writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words||100|
|Mode of Paper||Pen and Paper|
|Duration of Paper||One hour|
|Qualifying Marks||33 percent|
|Language||Hindi or English|
|Difficulty level||10+2 Standard|
Note: For Visually handicapped and candidates suffering from cerebral Palsy duration of paper will be 80 minutes.
SSC CGL 2017 TIER 3 Syllabus
The SSC CGL Tier 3 exam would cover almost all the theoretical part and total marks for this paper is 100 which will be significant in overall marking. The SSC CGL Descriptive Paper would comprise of writing an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150 words.
- Letter Writing – If you think why Letter Writing is included in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 syllabus then you are going to get your answer here. In all the departments you join find a major issue that the employees don’t know how to write a professional letter. That’s the reason commission has included Letter Writing in SSC CGL Tier 3 exam.
Basically, there are two types of letters: Formal Letter and Informal Letter
- Essay Writing – Essay Writing is the one which we are doing from our school time and at this stage it seems easy to us. But the professional essay writing have the rules that you must follow before starting the first paragraph. Follow the below link for detailed professional Essay writing tips.
- Application Writing – So for application writing the most important points that one should keep in mind are, the selection of the Subject, opening paragraph, body and closing paragraph. To make the aspirants more clear we are providing the link below to follow for Application Writing tips:
- Precis Writing – Precis is a summary or abstract of a text or speech. It is about writing short paragraph in your own words. Some important points regarding the Precis Writing are:
- Miniature version of the original passage
- must have a title
- should be written in reported speech
- must not contain any details not found in the original passage etc.
Precis Writing tips for SSC CGL Exam
For any query related to SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Syllabus and Exam Pattern please comment below.
Related Links for SSC CGL:
SSC CGL Notification 2017 and Important dates
SSC CGL 2017 Online Form Fill