Table of contents
Noun practice with example: In this article will be go through all the basics rules of noun and will give examples for each rule for better understanding.
What is Noun (संज्ञा) ?
A word or words which used to refer a thing, person, place, idea, animal, quality of a person and name of a person is called noun. It is widely used and very important part of English syllabus for all the competitive exams.
जिस शब्द से किसी प्राणी, वस्तु, स्थान, जाति, भाव आदि के ‘नाम’ बोध हो, संज्ञा कहा जाता है।
Types of Noun: Lets learn the kinds of noun with example.
(1)Common Noun (जातिवाचक संज्ञा): It is the name given to same or common type of group, person, animal and place. For e.g. Boy, animal, city, state.
(2)Proper Noun (व्यक्तिवाचक संज्ञा): It is the name given to particular group, person, animal and place.
For e.g. Ramesh, Sweta, Jaipur , Delhi.
(3)Collective Noun (समूहवाचक संज्ञा): It is the name given to collection of group, person, animal and place together as whole.
For e.g. Audience, crowd, organization , army, flock.
(4)Abstract Noun (भाववाचक संज्ञा): It is the name given to an idea, quality, concept and feeling. This noun can’t be sensed by our five senses (smell, touch, hear, see or taste).
For e.g. Sweet, youth, beauty, bravery, play.
Gender of Noun:
- Masculine (पुलिंग) 2. Feminine (स्त्रीलिंग) 3. Neuter (नपुंसक लिंग)
Rules of Noun:
Lets study all the rules for noun with examples and practice as much as questions to understand all the basics of noun.
Noun Rule 1:
- Uncountable nouns are used in singular forms only.
- Uncountable nouns are not used with plural verbs.
- Indefinite article is not used before them.
- Words of this kind are, Advice, Information, hair, luggage, business, work, word*, mischief, bread, scenery, abuse, vacation, evidence, employment, alphabet, poetry, food, furniture, baggage, fuel,
To be continued …